Living in Fairfax is terrific. There are many benefits to living here, including the fact that it’s a great place to raise a family, and it’s not too far from Washington DC. However, termites can be a serious problem around here, and these pests could be present in your home for months before you become aware of them.
While termites are not harmful to humans, they are pretty destructive. Fortunately, if you require pest control in Fairfax, we have the experts to help rid your property of termites.
Can I Treat My House For Termites Myself?
Though it's possible to treat your house for termites yourself, it's best to contact a professional pest control specialist near you. Many termite removal products on the market claim to get rid of termites, but not all of them work.
In addition, termite removal can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. However, if you desire to treat termites yourself, you can do a few things, such as:
- Inspect your home for signs of termites: Termite inspection is an essential first step in treating termites. Termite identification will make the treatment process easier.
- Use a termite bait: If you have termites, using termite bait is one of the best ways to get rid of them.
- Use a termiticide: If you have an active termite infestation, using a termiticide is a good way to treat them.
- Destroy the nest: If you can find the termite nest, destroying it is an effective way to get rid of them.
- Prevention: The best way to deal with termites is to prevent them from getting into your home in the first place, utilizing professional help.
Is It Possible To Fully Get Rid Of Termites?
A termite inspection is a vital first step in treating termites. If you can identify the signs of termites early, it will make the treatment process much easier.
In most cases, it's possible to get rid of termites completely. However, if the infestation is severe, it may take multiple treatments to eliminate them. In addition, it's essential to take steps to prevent future infestations like:
- Clearing away any wood or debris near your home
- Ensuring your home is properly sealed
- Having professional termite identification inspection done at least once a year
- Avoiding excess mulch or timber in your yard
- Removing any standing water from your property
What Kind Of Damage Can Termites Cause?
A termite problem isn't a trivial matter. They can cause a lot of damage to your home. Termites are responsible for billions of dollars in damage each year around the United States. Some common types of damage caused by termites include:
- Structural damage: Termites can weaken the structural integrity of your home, which could lead to severe problems down the road.
- Damage to wood: Termites will eat away at the wood in your home, which can cause it to rot and decay.
- Damage to furniture and other belongings: Termites will also eat away at the fabric and other materials in your home.
- Swollen floors: In severe cases, termites can cause the floors in your home to swell.
- Firewood: Termites can also infest firewood, leading to a serious fire hazard.
The Trick To Permanently Getting Rid Of Termites In Fairfax
Despite the numerous DIY videos on YouTube on dealing with an infestation, if you have a termite problem, the trick to permanently getting rid of them isn’t a secret. The only way to get rid of them for good is by using a professional termite specialist near you.
Bluebird Pest Solution is a professional termite treatment service that has been helping homeowners in Fairfax get rid of termites for years. If you're experiencing problems with termites, be sure to give us a call. We would be happy to help!